This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

1993 Press Photo Firefighters Clean Up after Blaze on Hartland's Northwest Side

Description
Firefighters clean up after a blaze sparked by leftover charcoal that left three firefighters slightly injured and gutted a second-floor apartment in the 24-unit Aspen Village complex on Hartland's northwest side Tuesday night. Hartland Fire Chief Allen Wilde said Larry Parker, and his son, Daniel, 22, who was visiting, had put used briquettes in a closet, apparently thinking they had cooled. The fire was confined to the Parker apartment, although there was water damage in the apartment on the floor below, Wilde said. Firefighter Glenn Schroeder suffered heat exhaustion, Kimm Robinson suffered a broken foot, and James Hadden suffered a facial burn, Wiilde said. All of the building's residents were evacuated and many were offered temporary housing at area hotels by the complex's manager and by the Red Cross. The Town and City of Delafield Fire Departments assisted Hartland. No damage estimate was immediately available. Fires - Wisconsin

Photo measures 10.25 x 7.5 inches. Photo is dated 05-19-1993.

This item is an original collectible vintage print from a news archive, not a digital download or reproduction. Please see our FAQ for more information.

Photo back:

Add to Wishlist

Search