1987 Press Photo Cleveland firefighter Joe Mason extinguish debris from W. 47th
Cleveland firefighter Joe Mason uses a garden hose to extinguish smoldering debris removed from a second floor bedroom that burned at a house at 1980 W. 47th Street Thursday afternoon. He said he was using the garden hose because the main fire line was being used to mop up the fire inside the house and the people would be able to salvage more of their belongings if they were quickly extinguished. He said his company also would be able to more quickly return to service, this being their fourth fire Thursday. Acting battalion chief Capt. Paul Pobak said the fire probably was started by children playing with matches and caused an estimated $10,000 damage to the two-story frame dwelling. He said no one was injured.
Photo measures 8 x 10 inches.
Photo is dated 11-05-1987.
This item is an original collectible vintage print from a news archive, not a digital download or reproduction. Please see our FAQ for more information.
More Like This
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …